Rejuvenating Powder Serum
Rejuvenates your skin with fresh anti-ageing vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. This unique powder serum is designed to be quickly and easily mixed with your moisturiser in the palm of your hand and delivers fresh potent anti-ageing actives whilst ensuring no degradation of the actives*.
- protects against free radical damage to help skin look younger for longer
- boosts collagen and elastin synthesis and cell renewal
- reduces inflammation and redness
- brightens, softens, smoothes and hydrates
- helps even out skin tone, countering age-spot formation
- may help reduce pore size appearance with long term use
To find out how it does this see ‘WHY IT WORKS’.
30ml jar contains 150 applications i.e. 5 months regular daily use or 2.5 months regular twice daily use.
*Many water soluble anti-ageing actives unfortunately start to degrade once in a lotion, cream or liquid serum so that they rapidly loose their benefits. For example, our testing showed a 10% reduction in antioxidant activity in just one week with a moisturiser with grape seed antioxidant. Our skin benefits most from both oil and water soluble nutrients so mixing the Rejuvenating Powder Serum with our Rejuvenating Moisturiser (Rich or Light), which are very high in oil soluble vitamins and antioxidants, delivers outstanding anti-ageing results.
No added scent but has a very slight green coffee smell.
Comes as a powder to be activated by mixing in with moisturiser. Absorbs in nicely to leave skin feeling soft and smooth.
Cruelty-free skin care:
Vegan skin care:
Does not contain nuts. Nuts used on premises.
Pregnancy skin care:
None classified in the Cosmetics Regulations.
HOW TO USE
Use at night and/or in the morning after cleansing and toning. The 30ml jar contains 150 applications i.e. 5 months regular daily use or 2.5 months regular twice daily use.
1. Put one scoop of powder into the palm of your hand using the wooden spatula provided in the lid (it will look approximately the same amount as a large pinch of salt - see picture).
Tip: For best results gently exfoliate your skin during cleansing with a warm wet muslin cloth and then use a gentle natural toner - serum and moisturiser work much better on nicely exfoliated and slightly damp skin.
2. Pump 3 full squirts of Rejuvenating Moisturiser onto the powder.
Tip: The powder serum works synergistically the Rich or Light Rejuvenating Moisturiser and is also good with the Hydrating Cleanser and Moisturiser. Also, for dry skin, one pump of Renewing Oil Serum is an excellent addition to the serum and moisturiser mixture.
3. Mix in thoroughly with the finger of your other hand; the heat from your hand will help the powder to dissolve into the moisturiser.
Then apply to face, eye area, neck and backs of your hands.
WHY IT WORKS
The Rejuvenating Powder Serum is designed to super-charge the skin’s ability to protect and repair itself, leading to younger looking skin for longer. It delivers a fresh supply of potent vitamins, minerals and antioxidants which have been proven to penetrate and can deliver the following results:
- protects against free radical damage to help skin look younger for longer with nature’s most potent antioxidants resveratrol from red grape skin; ferulic acid from rice bran; proanthocyanidins and polyphenols from grape seed extract, epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) from green tea extract; and chlorogenic acid from green coffee extract. Additionally MSM provides one of the key building blocks for the skin’s production of glutathione, an extremely important antioxidant which declines with age. Ferulic acid helps increase and extend the efficacy of other skincare antioxidants and its activity is actually increased with exposure to sunlight.
- boosts collagen and elastin synthesis and cell renewal with niacinamide (vitamin B3), resveratrol, oat beta glucan, grape seed and green tea extracts. Research on vitamin B3 using human fibroblasts shows that it can stimulate fibroblasts by 20% (the skin’s own collagen and elastin builders) and collagen secretion by 54%. Recent research at the University of Georgia has shown that green tea extract can enhance synthesis of healthy collagen, elastin and improve other structural components of skin as well as prolonging and reactivating skin cells in the epidermis - a ‘fountain of youth’ for skin cells.
- reduces inflammation and redness using soothing colloidal oats, MSM, vitamin B3, green tea and aloe vera extract. Colloidal oats have a proven track record of healing and repairing due to the oat beta glucan and peptides. It is also a proven anti-irritant curtesy of the high levels of avenanthramides. MSM has an anti-inflammatory and skin-repairing effect and is therefore useful for skin conditions such as eczema, roseacea, acne and psoriasis. Vitamin B3 and green tea extract are also known to help reduce redness and a good ingredients for roseacea. A 4 week clinical study involving 50 rosacea sufferers showed that a moisturiser containing Niacinamide helped improve the overall skin condition and ease the symptoms of rosacea.
- helps reduce pore size appearance. Vitamin B3 can help pores appear smaller and tighter by balancing sebum production, reducing excess oil in pores hence helping them look smaller. Also boosting collagen and elastin (see above) can help reduce pore size.
- brightens, softens, smoothes and hydrates with MSM, colloidal oats and vitamin B3. In a 2000 study using 2% Vitamin B3 over 4 weeks boosted the skin’s own fatty acids by 67% and ceramide levels by 34% and reduced water loss by 24% [note Bath Spa Skincare’s Rejuvenating Powder Serum delivers 5% vitamin B3]. MSM is deeply penetrating and helps other skin care anti-ageing actives to penetrate and provide maximum benefit.
- helps even out skin tone, countering age-spot formation and minimising scar redness. Vitamin B3 and MSM have a brightening and luminising effect on the skin and colloidal oats and aloe vera help speed up repair. A clinical trial with volunteers showed that a skin cream with 5% vitamin B3 applied for 8 weeks reduced age spots around the eye and cheek area by more than 25% and helped even out skin tone. [Note that it is unlikely to completely remove age spots, other treatments such as laser treatment would also be needed].
The ingredients are legally required to be displayed on labels in weight order (the most first) and using the International Nomenclature of Cosmetics Ingredients (INCI) which is based on scientific names and other Latin and English words:
INGREDIENTS (Inci): Niacinamide (vitamin B3), Ferulic acid (from rice bran oil), Methyl Sulphonyl Methane (MSM natural form of sulphur), Avena sativa (ECOCERT colloidal oats), Camellia sinensis (green tea extract), Aloe barbadensis, Vitis vinifera skin extract (resveratrol 98%), Vinis Vitira (grape seed extract), Coffea arabica (Green Coffee extract), Helichrysum italicum (Immortelle extract).
Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide) - Boosts collagen and elasticity: Vitamin B3 was shown in a human fibroblast study to stimulate new fibroblasts, our skin’s own collagen and elastin builders, by 20% and collagen secretion by 54%. Evens skin-tone and helps prevent age spot formation or enlargement: A clinical trial using human volunteers applying a 5% concentration of vitamin B3 for eight weeks showed that age spots around the eye and cheek were significantly reduced. Can help pores appear smaller and tighter: by balancing sebum production it helps reduce excess oil in pores and helps them look smaller. Also boosting collagen and elastin helps reduce pore size.
Ferulic acid - extracted from rice bran oil, is one of the most powerful natural antioxidants and a highly effective topical antioxidant. Studies have shown its activity is actually boosted by exposure to UV sunlight and so very good if you’re frequently outdoors or sit often in front of a window. Importantly, it has also been shown to increase and extend the efficacy of other skincare antioxidants.
Colloidal oats - our patented colloidal oatmeal is a proven anti-ageing ingredient through its reparative oat beta glucan and peptides. It is also a proven anti-irritant curtesy of the high levels of avenanthramides. Excellent moisturising, soothing and skin softening properties.
MSM (Methyl Sulphonyl Methane) - is a natural form of sulphur found in all living organisms and essential for the regeneration of cells and for the production of glutathione, one of the skin’s most important inherent antioxidants. It has a softening, hydrating, and deeply penetrating effect on the skin and helps other skin care anti-ageing actives to penetrate and provide maximum benefit. It also has an anti-inflammatory and skin-repairing effect and is therefore useful for skin conditions such as eczema, roseacea, acne and psoriasis. It has a brightening and luminising effect on the skin, and over time could potentially help uneven skin tone, hyper-pigmentation and pink acne scars.
Aloe vera extract: contains over 75 different nutrients, including auxin and gibberellin which help wound healing and reduce skin inflammation. Giberellin also stimulates the growth of new cells, allowing the skin to heal quickly and naturally with minimal scarring. The ancient Egypians called it the ‘plant of immortality’.
Grapeseed extract- One of the best antioxidants for your skin, it containing proanthocyanidins, polyphenols, flavonoids, and anthocyanins to help reduce the sun’s damaging effects and reduce free-radical damage. Topical application of grape seed extract to a cultured human skin equivalent showed evidence of younger skin, including enhanced synthesis of healthy collagen, elastin, and improvement in other structural components of skin.
Green tea extract - a super antioxidant that not only helps protect skin from accumulating damage but has been recently been shown to enhance synthesis of healthy collagen, elastin and improve other structural components of skin as well as prolonging and reactivating skin cells in the epidermis - a ‘fountain of youth’ for skin cells. This can then lead to better skin repair and healing and may help conditions such as wrinkling and roseacea as well as helping prevent scars.
Resveratrol - When applied topically it can improve collagen synthesis, protect against sun damage, and boost cellular renewal and hydration, thus helping to plump skin. It is a super antioxidant with incredible protective power that can also potentially inhibit tumor growth. It also helps keep blemishes away as it has sustained bacterial activity against the acne bacteria P.acnes. However, it’s stability over time in lotions and liquids is problematic, thus Bath Spa Skincare’s fresh powder resveratrol, from the skin of red grapes, is an excellent/the best way for your skin to get all the benefits of resveratrol.
Green coffee extract - A powerful antioxidant, up there with grape seed extract. Research on green coffee's effect on skin is extremely promising with in vitro tests on skin samples and sections of human skin showing that topical application can stimulate collagen and elastin synthesis as well as glycosaminoglycans, which help repair skin and contribute to a healthy barrier function. It is also anti-inflammatory and helps reduce redness inside your skin.
Immortelle extract - An anti-inflammatory and anti-stress ingredient, immortelle reduces the negative effects of cortisol on our skin. Cortisol inhibits cell renewal, collagen production and glycosaminoglycan (GAG) production which then causes skin dehydration.